Congressional Bank is a leading bank provider of debt facilities to growing, middle market specialty finance lenders and investment funds. The Bank works with borrowers, agents, brokers and sponsors throughout North America to provide senior secured asset-based loans, primarily to other lenders, lending platforms, financing companies, passive investors and investment funds.
The Bank and its affiliates typically provide first lien senior and stretch senior loans to its borrowers ranging in size from $15 million to $75 million and will syndicate facilities up to $100 million. Congressional Bank will also selectively purchase whole loans through forward flow agreements.
Since inception of the Bank’s Specialty Lending Division in 2011, Congressional has led or participated in 75+ debt facilities (as of March 2021). Representative collateral classes include the following:
- Secured & Unsecured Consumer Loans
- Home Improvement and Renewable Loans
- Real Estate Loans (Residential, Commercial, Bridge & Pooled Loans)
- Private Investment Funds
- Business Development Companies (BDCs)
- Small Business Loans & Merchant Cash Advances
- Equipment Finance and Leases
- Debt Buyers
- Litigation Finance
- Structured Settlement Finance
- Premium Finance
- Other Esoteric Collateral
Loan facilities are structured to provide an advance rate on collateral, typically consisting of a diversified pool of loans or assets, subject to various eligibility criteria. The Bank provides creative, custom solutions to our clients in a timely manner and typically targets borrowers with the following characteristics:
- Diversified pools of assets and underlying collateral with a history of performance.
- Well capitalized platforms with subordinated debt and/or equity.
- Strong management teams with extensive industry experience.
- Solid cash on cash returns associated with the underlying loan collateral.
President of Specialty Lending Division